A few weeks back during the midst of Joburg fashion week, I made some time to shoot with Pandora for their new spring jewellery campaign, “The Look Of You”. It’s really fun collaborating with brands like Pandora who kinda give us the chance to express ourselves. Pandora gave us the opportunity to style ourselves in a shoot with their latest accessories at the Morrells Boutique hotel in Joburg.
You guys may have remembered my very special Pandora charm bracelet I put together for my birthday. The brand identity lends itself to being creative and expressive which really resonates with me. Putting my bracelet together, giving it meaning through selecting each part of it, was really special. This time around we are exploring rings and the creative side of combining, stacking and curating a ring collection together on yourself!
My first worry was that the Pandora rings would not fit me because I have such tiny fingers, I usually avoid rings all together. But the range of sizes presented to me from the Pandora ring collection was pretty vast, some of them even worked as midi rings! (SCORE). I really fell in love with mixing skinny classic bands together with more elaborate designs.
Since I hadn’t really had time to play around with rings before, I kinda started off with stacking everything onto my little fingers and then removing them as I fell in love with each piece. I have put an image below for you guys to get a feel for what I decided to style along with the beautifully intricate gown and waist coat I chose to wear.
About This Look
The theme for my shoot with Pandora was subtle glamour. I felt like it was really fitting to me because I attend a lot of glam events but still maintain my unique approach to glamour. I paired a beautifully embroidered and beaded dress and waistcoat together to create a sort of rebellion to the normal evening wear look. You guys may have seen a similar interpretation of this dress at fashion week too.
For jewellery I went with stacking various beautifully embellished rings on both hands. I wanted to give ordinary glamour a spin. Since my ears wear a bit bare, I placed subtle studs on them. I am really into studs at the moment, I kinda want to start collecting different shapes and styles in various metals.
For this look I stuck with silver, even though I was tempted to mix metals. To finish off my adorning, I added classic Pandora bangles.
What do you guys think?
Photography Migneon Marias
- PANDORA is a Danish brand originating in Copenhagen and is now sold in more than 70 countries worldwide
- PANDORA jewellery is manufactured in Thailand
- PANDORA launched in South Africa in 2007 and now has 31 concept stores in S.A., Mauritius, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
- PANDORA is also available in select Edgars and multi-brand jewellers.
- PANDORA designs and manufactures hand-finished and contemporary jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices therefore inspiring woman to express their individuality
- PANDORA celebrates women by allowing them to create a personal collection of special moments that makes them who they are through the use of the iconic charm bracelet.
- PANDORA offers a range of bracelets, charms, rings, necklaces & earrings