We all know turmeric is one of the best superfoods out there! Studies show that turmeric, the organic non-irradiated kind, has potential to ease arthritis, prevent cancer and Alzheimers diseases, lower cholesterol, and boost the immune system. One of the key benefits of turmeric is its ability to act as a natural anti-inflammatory which is great for your skin and overall appearance! We have even given it a go as a facemark too.
In Eastern Culture turmeric is used in most forms of cooking, so its no surprise that turmeric tea is packed with health benefits. Today we are focussing on the delicious and trendy Golden Milk drink. Some say Golden Milk is the new Macha.
Shopping List & Stockists
1 cup of almond milk ( you can try dairy or coconut milk too) Shop
1 tbsp of freshly grated turmeric root – Shop
or 1 tsp of ground non-irradiated organic turmeric – Available at Wellness Warehouse – shop
2 cardamom pods – Shop
1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger root – Shop
1 tsp of non irradiated ground cinnamon – Shop
Sweetener of choice – we used honey!
A pinch of pepper
1. In a small pot on the stove, gently heat milk over low heat.
2. Whisk in turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon until frothy, adding sweetener to taste.
3. Pour in your favorite mug and sprinkle with ground pepper.
4. If you’re using ground spices, pour the mixture through a sieve to separate the sediment.
Disclaimer: Turmeric is generally safe as long as you consume it in moderation. You should check with your doctor about drinking turmeric tea if you have had:
- inflammation of the gallbladder or gallbladder stones
- obstruction of bile passages
- stomach ulcers
- diabetes (turmeric supplements may lower blood sugar)
Taking too much turmeric may cause side effects, however. These include:
- increased stomach acidity, which can cause ulcers
- a blood-thinning effect
Because turmeric may thin your blood, you should stop drinking turmeric tea two weeks before surgery. Do not take turmeric tea if you are on blood thinners, either.